Featured Vacation Rental1107 Commons I Brunswick Plantation Condo! Main Suite & Villa
Reservation Terms and Conditions
1. All Units are Non- smoking. Evidence of smoking in the rental until is subject to a $250 fine.
2. Full reservation amount will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
3. A processing fee of 3% of the reservation total will be added to all credit card transactions. A valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover must be submitted as assurance of monetary coverage for accidental damages or issues above the security deposit amount paid or issues not covered under the accidental damage insurance policy as purchased, ie., lost amenity cards, negligence, missing or damaged items, ect.
Starheel reserves the right to charge this card for such items with notification
4. Disbursement of Rent and Third Party Fees. Tenant authorizes Agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the rent set forth in paragraph 2 above to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, and the balance of the rent upon the commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of this Agreement by Tenant, or as otherwise permitted under the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check of Tenant that may be returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds or because Tenant did not have an account at the financial institution. Tenant also authorizes Agent to disburse prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent for the benefit of Tenant, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Agent for reservation, transfer or cancellation of Tenant’s tenancy.
5. Security Deposit. Any security deposit provided may be applied to actual damages caused by Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Security Deposit Act. In addition, Agent may deduct from the security deposit the amount of any unpaid long distance or per call telephone charges and cable television charges that are not specifically described in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) as being included with the Premises. Agent shall apply, account for, or refund Tenant’s security deposit within 45 days following the end of tenancy.
6. Trust Account. Any advance payment made by Tenant shall be deposited in a trust account with PNC located at 10027 Beach Drive SW, Calabash, NC 28467. Tenant agrees that any advance payment may be deposited in an interest-bearing trust account and that any interest thereon shall accrue for the benefit of, and shall be paid to, the owner (or as the owner directs) as it accrues and as often as is permitted by the terms of the account. Starheel Properties, Inc. does not use an interest-bearing trust account.
7. Tenant Duties. Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that Tenant uses; and notifying Agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries as needed during the tenancy. Tenant agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Tenant’s breach of any duty contained in the paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
8. Agent Duties. Agent agrees to provide the premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by Tenant. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of any tenant.
9. Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation by Tenant, Tenant shall receive a refund of all payments made by Tenant, less an administrative fee of $100.00 if the Premises are re-rented on the terms set forth herein. If the Premises are not re-rented on the terms set forth herein, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund of any rent payment made hereunder. Whether or not the Premises are re-rented, Tenant, rather than Agent, shall be responsible for seeking reimbursement of any fees paid by Tenant to Agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent from third parties for the benefit of Tenant that may have been paid out prior to Tenant’s cancellation.
10. Complaints/ Refunds. Any complaints must be submitted to Starheel Properties during the time of Tenants stay so they can be verified and so we may be awarded the opportunity to address or verify their concerns. We do not engage in conversations regarding refunds with guests via phone calls. All refund correspondence is via email for record keeping purposes.
Transfer of Premises.
1. If the owner voluntarily transfers the Premises, Tenant has the right to enforce this Agreement against the grantee of the Premises if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the grantee’s interest in the Premises is recorded. If the Tenant’s occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, Tenant had no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the grantee does not honor this Agreement, Tenant is entitled to refund of all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). Within 20 days after the transfer of Premises, the grantee or the grantee’s agent is required to: (i) notify Tenant in writing of the transfer of the Premises, the grantee’s name and address, and the date the grantee’s interest was recorded; and (ii) advise Tenant whether Tenant has the right to occupy the Premises subject to the terms of this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made by Tenant. However, if the grantee engages Agent to continue managing the Premises after the transfer, the grantee shall have no obligation under (i) or (ii) above if this Agreement must be honored under the Vacation Rental Act or if the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement.
2.Upon termination of the owner’s interest in the Premises, whether by sale, assignment, death, appointment of a receiver or otherwise, the owner, owner’s agent, or real estate agent is required to transfer all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) to the owner’s successor-in-interest within 30 days, and notify Tenant by mail of such transfer and of the transferee’s name and address. However, if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end more than 180 days after recordation of the interest of the owner’s successor-in-interest in the Premises, and the successor-in-interest has not agreed to honor this Agreement, all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) must be transferred to Tenant within 30 days.
3.If the owner’s interest in the Premises is involuntarily transferred prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, the owner is required to refund to Tenant all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) within 60 days after the transfer.
Mandatory Evacuation. If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, Tenant shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, Tenant will be entitled to a refund of the prorated rent for each night that Tenant is unable to occupy the Premises because of the order. However, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund if, prior to taking possession of the Premises: (i) Tenant refused insurance offered by Agent that would have compensated Tenant for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the Premises due to a mandatory evacuation order, or (ii) Tenant purchased such insurance from Agent.
Expedited Eviction. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant’s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless; Right of Entry; Assignment. Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant’s guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the owner, or the failure of Agent or the owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees that Agent, the owner or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Agent.
Pets. Unless otherwise specifically permitted in the Agreement (including any addendum hereto), no pets shall be allowed on the Premises. Tenant’s breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
This agreement includes all of the agreements and no representation, inducements, or other provisions are contained in this agreement except as relating to terms and conditions more fully explained on www.starheelproperties.com under Vacation Rental Policies. This agreement is binding. If any party does not understand this agreement, the party should seek legal assistance.
THE NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE LEGAL VALIDITY OR ADEQUACY OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS FORM IN ANY SPECIFIC TRANSACTION.
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
USE OF THIS FORM IS NOT INTENDED TO IDENTIFY THE USER AS A REALTOR®.
Thank you for choosing Starheel Properties, Inc. We trust that you will have a wonderful stay!